This page is a list of all the plays, films, and TV shows in The Odd Couple franchise, in chronological order of when they were released.
- The Odd Couple (1965 play) - Created by Neil Simon, this was the first incarnation of the Odd Couple and starred Walter Matthau as Oscar Madison and Art Carney as Felix Ungar.
- The Odd Couple (1968 film) - The first Odd Couple film, based on the original 1965 play. Walter Matthau reprised his role as Oscar, and Art Carney was replaced by Jack Lemmon as Felix.
- The Odd Couple (1970 TV Series) - The first television series adaptation of The Odd Couple that ran from 1970-1975 and starred Jack Klugman as Oscar Madison and Tony Randall as Felix Unger.
- The Oddball Couple - An animated version of The Odd Couple that aired in 1975. It featured a cat named Spiffy, who was an animated version of Felix (voiced by Frank Nelson) and a dog named Fleabag, an animated version of Oscar (voiced by Paul Winchell).
- The New Odd Couple - An updated version of the 1970 series. It was the second attempt at a Neil Simon remake with a primarily African-American cast (the first being Barefoot in the Park in 1970). This series ran from 1982-83 and starred Ron Glass as Felix and Demond Wilson as Oscar.
- The Female Odd Couple - An updated version of the 1965 play released in 1985 with the gender roles reversed. It starred Sally Struthers as Florence (Felix) and Rita Moreno as Olive (Oscar).
- The Odd Couple II - A 1998 sequel to the 1968 film. Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon reprised their roles and Oscar and Felix, respectively.
- The Odd Couple (2015) - A television remake on CBS, 2015-present. It stars Matthew Perry as Oscar Madison and Thomas Lennon as Felix Unger.
Notes and trivia Edit
- In the original play and film, Felix's last name was spelled as "Ungar". During the 1970-75 series was when the spelling changed to "Unger".